Since 2013, Southlake’s Incorporated has provided affordable/discounted food to families, seniors, homeless, DV survivors and singles experiencing poverty or financial hardship in the Central Coast and Lake Macquarie areas. Originally servicing 300 people a week, since the onset of Covid-19, Southlake’s Incorporated has been providing discounted or free food to more than 700 people a week. Escalating rates of unemployment and financial hardship has led to more people seeking out Southlake’s Incorporated services.
Southlake’s Incorporated sources free or subsidised food from its partners, which include Foodbank NSW & ACT, Sanitarium, Woolworths Lake Munmorah, Coles, Oz Harvest, SecondBite, Wangi Wangi Bakery, Gwandalan Bakery and Summerland Point FoodWorks to provide food at no or low cost to those in need.
Southlake’s Incorporated provides the following services:
● Our 5 Foodbanks service Lake Macquarie and the Central Coast. Our Foodbanks are open to anyone in need
● A weekly food bank run out of two locations: Cooranbong and Lake Munmorah. We deliver to Gwandalan, Blue Haven and Wangi areas. The foodbanks are open to anyone in need of food at a discounted price.
● A pre-cooked meal delivery service to families in need. YES IT IS FREE AND WE SUPPLY 150 MEALS PER WEEK.
● Emergency food packs which contain free food to the value of $70 to people referred to Southlake’s Incorporated by Centrelink, St Vincent de Paul society, Anglican Care and Uniting Care.
● A school program which supplies free breakfast food to schools located in lower socio-economic areas.
● Colongra Bay Community Café (Lake Munmorah) Cooranbong Community Cafe community cafes providing free lunch food to homeless and senior citizens from the surrounding retirement homes, including [Valhalla Village, Parktrees Village, Lakeside Leisure Village, Ingenia Lifestyle Village, Macquarie Shores and Teraglin Lakeshore];
● Toys to children from disadvantaged and lower socio-economic backgrounds. Xmas food Hampers also. We provide 660 hampers at xmas and toys to 500 children. All given away for free
● Dress For Success Pack n Send, we have partnered with Dress for Success to provide good quality work outfits for women (and people who identify as women) delivered directly to your home. An outfit, shoes, handbag and accessories.
● We Care Connect, clothing and all needs for 0 to 16 year old children.
In 2017 Southlake’s Incorporated started Community Hair Project.
Community Hair Project has partnered with hairdressers and barbers across New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland to offer free haircuts to persons in their community experiencing homelessness, poverty and/or domestic violence.
Community Hair Project also coordinates with women refuges, homeless shelters and community centres to arrange for persons seeking assistance from the refuges or centres access to free haircuts. Volunteer hairdressers will attend the refuges and shelters to give free haircuts to those in need.
We also offer Salon Experiences; a salon will close to the public for the day and we will coordinate with a local refuge to bring in the women and children staying there. They will be pampered in the salon and receive light refreshments and a gift.